Sunday, March 8, 2009

I was busy most of the day Saturday with one thing and another, but I did manage to finish the one setting block for the prairie quilt. See this post. Somehow I didn't manage to get a picture of it, but it turned out just fine. I went ahead and cut all the pieces for the other three blocks, and this afternoon I started sewing.

There are a lot of flying geese in this block! I know I'm the one who chose it and all, but drafting a block and actually sewing it together are two different things which apparently take part in separate parts of my brain which don't communicate very well. Anyway they are coming along and look just the way I envisioned.

Now I'm getting worried about the amount of fabric I'm going to have left, so I've been checking out some on-line stores for more. I'm really terrible with estimating how much fabric I'm going to need for a project. Part of the problem is that I'm not really sure what I'm going to do next. I have some ideas, but I haven't gotten to sketching them out yet. I guess that's my next step.

No comments: