Sunday, February 25, 2007

A Quick Finish

Once I started on this today, it all came together quite quickly. The top, I mean. I haven't even begun to think about quilting it. I'm just glad to move it from the tops-in-progress list to the tops-to-be-quilted list. No telling when the quilting will happen.

This is my student teacher's last week with me. She has already returned the reins to my hands since this last week she will be doing observations of other teachers in the building and finishing her paperwork. She moves on to middle school after next week. Eighth grade special education.

Say a prayer for her.

The guild round robin is going to be fun. I've been looking through some of my books for a border for the block I received. The colors are way out of my typical comfort zone (lilac and soft green), but I picked up some fat quarters and I'm having fun trying different things out. I'll post a picture when I have something more definite.

(BTW--someone else made the same square as I did, in different colors--great minds think alike!)


8 comments:

meggie said...

Love the finished quilt top! The borders are perfect.
Good luck with your next project.!

Joyce said...

Your quilt is beautiful. I love the borders.

McIrish Annie said...

love the border you added! it really finishes it nicely..

Libby said...

Log cabins are just the best - and a fun border too.

Unknown said...

As the others have already said, the borders are very original and suit the center. Log cabins always look so comfortable and yours is no exception. Well done!

KC Quilter said...

I just discovered your blog! I loved looking back at some of your wonderful, wonderful quilts!!! Will visit often.

Shelina said...

What a great quilt top. Very beautiful, original border treatment.

Rose Marie said...

Love the border treatment you did ... it really sets off the quilt. Looking forward to seeing it completed.
Many thanks for stopping by my blog!