Thursday, February 1, 2007

Just a Little Snow

I had a very fine day today because it was a SNOW DAY! Job dedication notwithstanding, I love snow days. You look out the window at 6:00 a.m., see a little snow, begin to hope, turn on the T.V. and see the magic words: CLOSED! You then retrace your steps to the bedroom, slide into bed (which is still toasty warm), turn over, and slip back into dreamland. Guilt-free dreamland--the very best kind. Snow days are a surprise gift from the universe.

So it's been a day of sleeping late, a little sewing, a little blogging, and a little playing. I mean, what else can you do with an unexpected day off?

And the best news is that more snow is forecast for tonight!

2 comments:

Lori (A.K.A. Elkhoundmom) said...

Lucky you to get a snow day! Hope you got some quilting in. Your quilts from your last post are gorgeous. I am looking forward to seeing how they turn out.

meggie said...

What a lovely treat an unexpected day off can be!

I just love those log cabin blocks & also your other quilt. I am definitely not a hand quilter! I have a Drunkard's Path quilt top, that I did all by hand, & I have the feeling it will never get finished- even though the borders could be machine sewn!