Monday, June 1, 2009

What's Up On My Design Wall

Design wall seems a little grand for a $3 flannel-backed vinyl tablecloth from Meijers tacked up on the wall of my sewing room. But, oh well. I'm playing along with Judy at Patchwork Times, posting a photo of what I've been working on.

I'm auditioning the background fabric I chose for the 8 pointed stars. Two are completed so far, and I have pieces for about 3 more cut out. I don't use a lot of green, but I like the green background with these stars. Since I only have a two fat quarters of each of the fabrics, this is going to be a small quilt, but a little fabric goes a long way with this block.

The nine-patches on the right are the latest ones I've made for the quiltalong at crazy mom quilts. I am surprising myself by keeping up. Actually, I think I may be a little ahead. These are bright, bright, bright...totally out of my regular color range. But, I like it so far.

Today was the last day of school for students. Yay! I have to go in tomorrow and pack away everything for the summer, and then I'm officially on vacation for the summer.

2 comments:

Deb Geyer said...

I love those stars! They look great on the green.

I used to have a flannel backed tablecloth design wall too. Hey, what ever works!

Gari in AL said...

My DH is also a teacher: I learned a long time ago that the teachers are every bit as excited that school is over as the students. Have a great summer.