Nicole at Sisters Choice Quilts posted a day or so ago about listing 15 favorite books in just 15 minutes. I have a lot of favorites, so I'm listing 15 that I like so much that I've gone back to reread again and again.
1. All the Kings's Men, Robert Penn Warren
2. David Copperfield, Charles Dickens
3. Sense and Sensibility, Jane Austen
4. Murder on the Orient Express, Agatha Christie
5. Lonesome Dove, Larry McMurtry
6. The Accidental Tourist, Anne Tyler,
7. Murder Must Advertise, Dorothy L. Sayers
8. The Sound and the Fury, William Faulkner
9. The Maltese Falcon, Dashiell Hammett
10. The Hobbit, J.R.R. Tolkein
11. The God of Small Things, Arundhati Roy
12. And Ladies of the Club, Helen Hooven Santmyer
13. The Complete Sherlock Holmes, Arthur Conan Doyle
14. Rebecca, Daphne DuMaurier
15. To Kill a Mockingbird, Harper Lee
Our book club chose The Pillars of the Earth, by Ken Follett, to read this summer. It seems to be on a lot of people's lists as a favorite. I am also planning to read The Story of Edgar Sawtelle, one of our book club picks which I didn't get to this past year.
So, what books are on your bedside table?