Sunday, January 7, 2007

Yesterday while cruising around blogland I came across Libby's blog A Simple Girl. I recognized the quilt she was showing had the same basic design as one I made two summers ago, although I never thought of putting applique in the center square. This is one of my ready to quilt UFO's. It is sitting patiently with its companions on a chair in my sewing room waiting for me to get busy quilting. The picture was taken last fall when I aired out my unfinished tops.

One of the things that I find fascinating about quilting is the almost infinite variations each quilt pattern has. Different fabrics, different color schemes, different layouts--each quilter interprets the design in her own way.

Today my goal is to finish the blocks for the mystery quilt--and to begin writing the directions for the guild members. It's a rainy, dreary day here, so there won't be too many distractions (she said hopefully!).

No comments: