Friday, December 1, 2006

Winter Blows Into Town

Last night we went to bed with temperatures in the 50's. Today, it has dipped down into the 30's and the wind this morning was strong enough to blow over trees.

I can't ever get used to winter. Sigh.

This weekend I guess we'll just hunker down and do indoor things. I decided to use some of the wrong size log cabin blocks to make a table mat for my instructional assistant for a Christmas present. I got it finished, sandwiched, and basted this afternoon and I started quilting it just after dinner tonight. I know she'll like the vintage fabric and the log cabin pattern. I just hope I can get it finished before winter break! It's going pretty quickly because I am just stitching in the ditch, although I'll probably do something a little fancier in the borders once I get there.

My other goal for this weekend is to make the rest of the Christmas yo-yo's so that I will have them ready to make the lollipop ornaments for the people at work. We all exchange little token gifts with the others at school, and each year I try to come up with something different.

My husband brought home a beautiful quilt his aunt made. I'll post a picture later--there isn't enough light right now. It has appliqued butterflies which look to me as if they were blanket stitched by hand and is all hand-quilted. It is a delight.

No comments: