Wednesday, April 15, 2009

What I'm Working on Wednesday

Um, nothing. This week the kids have done me in. Done. Me. In.

Somehow I don't think that kids stoked up on an ocean of Easter candy have the right mind-set for learning.

Monday after school I fell asleep sitting upright in a chair reading my e-mail.

Last night I made it through dinner and sat down to watch Rachel Maddow. I woke up an hour later, and even that after-dinner nap didn't keep me from sleeping soundly all the rest of the night.

Oooh, boy. This is turning into a short week!

I have cut more pieces for the blue and white quilt. They are all kitted up and waiting for me to stay awake long enough to sew them together. Maybe tonight?

* * * * * *
If I can stay awake long enough to crow about my daughter, will you indulge me?

My daughter is a runner. For a couple of years now she has been working toward qualifying for the Boston Marathon. As you can imagine this is no easy feat. To qualify she had to finish a qualifying marathon in three hours and 40 minutes. That's 26.2 miles. In 3 hour and 40 minutes.

Saturday she was able to achieve this goal! She has pushed through lousy weather, a couple of injuries, and some adversity which could have sent a less determined woman over the edge.

I am so immensely proud of her.

If you would like to see what it's like to run a marathon from the inside, check out her latest blog post.

No comments: