This sweet little square is the round robin I've been working on. My contribution is the pale green vine applique around the outside edge. This picture isn't the greatest, but the sun decided to disappear when I got the camera out this afternoon.
I procrastinated on this all month since I don't enjoy doing applique. I finally sucked it up Monday night and got started. Turned out that getting started was the hardest part. Once I got going I was fine.
The stems are bias strips which I hand appliqued--I didn't trust myself to use the machine with my less than stellar skills. The leaves are fused on, then embroidered with a simple running stitch around the outside edges. I popped a couple of buttons on the flowers and called it done. The owner seemed really pleased with it, so I was happy about that.
Lots of people are heading down to Paducah for the quilt show this weekend. I'm not going (wish I could!), but a friend sent me the next best thing. Here is the link for the winners. These are some really amazing quilts.