Sunday, November 12, 2006

This is the project that I have been working on. It started out as a possible mystery quilt pattern for my quilt guild, but then I changed my mind (about the mystery quilt part) and now I have 96 of these nifty little units. They are called Brave New World. You can make many, many blocks by rearranging groups of 16. Or even more by making groups of 25. Or 36, and so on, and so on...
I used the digital camera to take some pictures of some possible arrangements. At the beginning I was thinking of an all-over design, but now I am more inclined toward a sampler quilt with six blocks in different arrangements.

I had a lot of fun making these little units. It was stress-free because I made a concious choice not to try to"match" any of the colors. I didn't buy any new material for them; these were all from my stash.
I seem to have a large stash of "earthy" tones, left overs from various other projects. I usually gravitate towards these colors in any quilt shop I visit. : )

For now, I'm just playing with the different arrangements and seeing how I like each one. This is almost as much fun as actually doing the sewing!

I also have a set of log cabin blocks I made at our last quilt retreat using most of the same fabric. Hmmmm....maybe I can combine them somehow.

1 comment:

CarmiƱa said...

I like those blocks they looks better in your post of february. Thanks for share.