Friday, April 13, 2007
Five Great Things About This Friday
1. The creeping crud I had all week seems to have gone on its merry way. I'm feeling good--and with all the rest I've had this week I'm positively energetic.
2. The sock above is half-way done. It's made from Lorna's Laces, which is expensive, so I wanted to do something more special than my usual K2, P2 stuff. The lace sock pattern I got from my yarn lady was IMPOSSIBLE. Maybe I'm not cut out for the really fancy stuff yet. Anyway, after knitting and frogging, knitting and frogging, and so on, I found this simpler pattern on Knitty.com and I'm down to the heel flap and haven't had to pull it back once.
3. I'm off from school today! Our school district builds three snow make-up days into the school calendar. Since we had only one snow day this year, we have two Fridays off this month. So here I am, feeling good, with the day off. (The irony, if that's what I may call it, is that snow is predicted for tomorrow. What is up with that? Snow in April?)
4. Although I haven't really done much quilting this week (see creeping crud above) the quilting has been going really well. I'm using Quilter's Dream batting for the first time and I am loving it. The needle just glides through the fabric so I can really get a good rhythm going.
5. And last, but definitely the best--we're going up to visit our daughter today!
I appreciate all the nice comments and well-wishes. It makes me feel good that so many of you took the time to show your concern.
Have a great weekend!