Sunday, March 25, 2007

Spring is Here


This has been a beautiful spring weekend. The forsythia is in bloom. The trees all have that misty green color they get before they actually leaf out. We've had two sunny, warm days in a row. One of our more energetic neighbors even got his lawn mower out and had a go at his front lawn.

I worked a little bit on the four block on Saturday, then finished it up this afternoon. This was made from a Moda charm pack called Picket Fence. I used a technique I got from Darlene at Quilting Daze for making the four-block patches. I was even able to find some yardage of my favorite of the fabrics to use for the border. It's very simple, but I love it! I had a lot of fun putting it together. The fabric reminds me of some old cotton tablecloths my mother had. Thanks, Darlene!

And thanks for all the comments on the round robin block I was working on for our guild project. Below you can see what I have to work on this month.

Everyone must have been thinking of spring when they put their original blocks together. I found some beautiful buttery orange in my stash and I bought a fat quarter of yellow with tiny purple flowers. Now I'm trying to figure out how to proceed. We'll see...

Usually at this point on a Sunday night I am finishing up laundry and mentally running down my list of things I have to do at school tomorrow, but next week is spring break! My agenda for tomorrow is to sleep in, run a couple of errands, and then sew.

6 comments:

May Britt said...

Your fourpatch quilt is lovely. Sometimes the most easy patterns make the most beautiful quilts. Spring has come to Norway too. We also have had a couple of warm beautiful days, and it feels soooo good.

Angie said...

Oooh, I love your 4-patch!! Those Picket Fence fabrics are wonderful! I just adore these traditional quilts and I HAVE to make me one SOON!! LOL It's been so gorgeous here this past week that I spent all of my time out in the flowerbeds, then fell into bed and conked out, so no sewing....but soon!! :D

Libby said...

Enjoy your spring break - sleeping in is a great way to start it *s*

meggie said...

Enjoy your break & enjoy your sewing!
I love that four patch quilt.

Darlene said...

Your four patch Picket Fence quilt is darling. I love it. Sometimes simple is better - just sweet!

And, you're welcome - I'm glad you enjoyed making the four patches!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE your four-patch quilt, it's soooo fresh and beautiful ! You made a great job! I didn't know your blog (came to it through May Britt's), now I put yo on my list and will come very often !

Smiles from Belgium !
NADINE