Friday, November 5, 2010


Let's just say it hasn't been a good week, which is why it was so nice to come home tonight and find that my husband had finished making these candle holders.  They are bits of a poplar bough which he sawed off a tree in my daughter's yard a couple of weeks ago. He sanded off the tops and bottoms and drilled holes for the candles. I love the way they turned out.

I am heartily glad that this week is over.  I am looking forward to a bit of respite this weekend to get caught up on things around here and maybe, just maybe, I'll even have some time to sew.

 I hope you have all the time you need this weekend to do what you want to do.

2 comments:

Mary Lou Casada said...

So sorry about your week, Diana! Your dear husband brought some light and beauty to your day (he's a keeper! :-D), and I hope the remainder of the weekend is just as beautiful for you!
Blessings,
Mary Lou

Ruth's Place said...

Sorry to hear you had a bad week.

The candle holders are beautiful, what a lovely way to reuse the wood.