Thursday, May 6, 2010

Not Sewing


It's been a really busy couple of weeks, and I'm regretting that I haven't had much time to stop and enjoy the turning of the season.  April and May are the best time of the year in this area.  After the grays and drab browns of the winter months, it's wonderful to see the trees leaf out, the lawns green up and the early spring flowers begin to bloom.

I'd like to thank everyone who commented on the last post about my changing work situation.  It took me a while to wrap my mind around such a big jump (going from teaching primary-aged students to middle school, if you haven't been keeping up), but I'm okay with it.  More than okay, even.

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to do much sewing these past few weeks.  There's lots I'd like to be doing, but by the end of the day I'm usually so beat that all I can manage is a couple of rows on a pair of socks it seems like I've been working on for months.  These are being knit with Plymouth Rockin' Sox yarn, a blend of superwash, bamboo, and nylon--which makes for a nice, lofty knit.  And I love, love, love this color which reminds me of raspberries.  The pattern is Wickerware.  I think this is the third pair I've knitted with it. 

I've got a mini-retreat coming up in a couple of weeks, so I need to start looking for something that I can work on.  Should I start a new project, or buckle down and get something finished? 

1 comment:

Miriam said...

I just love those socks!!!!!
I wish it was cold enough here to wear hand knitted socks!