Saturday, August 1, 2009

Saturday Post

Believe it or not, here in southern Indiana we are getting ready to head back to school. School for us begins during the second week of August. School registration was this past week and some teachers have already been in to start setting up their classrooms.

Somehow I didn't put a single stitch in a piece of fabric this week. And instead of working on some really long overdue knitting UFO's, I started on this cowl, which I mentioned a couple of posts ago. The yarn is Knit One Crochet Too Ty-Dy in Midnite Sun. A little pricey for me, but I love how the colors are playing out. The pattern is from Knitty.com.

I'm not used to working with cotton. It doesn't have the stretchiness of wool or wool blends, but it drapes in a beautiful way when knit in this gauge, and I really like what I've got so far.

Have a great weekend.

1 comment:

Laura said...

We're getting ready for university students to come back here (Northwestern Indiana), as well. Our department is bracing ourselves for orientation and registration. It promises to be a busy month, hope you have time to work on the things you enjoy!