Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Score!

I took a day off today to take my dad for a dental procedure which both of us were a little worried about. To our immense relief everything went okay, easy peasy, as the kids would say. So after dropping him off back at his apartment, I found myself with a couple of extra hours this afternoon. After running a few errands (without having to fight rush hour traffic) my car just sort of naturally headed over to the fabric store.

I found this beautiful piece of fabric printed with the distinctive William Morris honeysuckle design.

I was able to snag the rest of the fabric on the bolt (over 4 yards) because it was HALF price!

A while back I ordered a fat quarter selection of William Morris prints online (not the same line or manufacturer as my new piece, I think). I've just been waiting for the right pattern before I cut into those luscious fabrics. Having this large piece with the same kind of design gives me lots and lots of latitude in design possibilities. And did I mention it was HALF price!?!

These pictures don't really do justice to the subtle colors of the fabrics because today is such a dull, gray day.

This bundle of fabric is going back up into my sewing room until I can find a way to showcase these lovely prints.

On my way home I stopped in at the thrift store. Lately I've been admiring the quilts that Lynn at klein meisje quilts has been making with thrifted plaids. At the store, I ran into a sale on men's shirts, HALF price (!), and I was able to find five really nice ones in beautiful plaids for around ten dollars. There is a lot of material in each of these shirts, but I'm going to have to collect a few more in order to have a good variety of prints.

I hope everyone has a great week!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lucky you to get the fabric on such a great sale.

McIrish Annie said...

Who doesn't love fabric at 1/2 price??? I have some of those prints and like you are letting them sit til I find something wonderful to do with them/

seems like everyone is having a gray day. rainy here in CT and will stay that way til Sunday.

Lynda said...

Shirts are really good value, and I reckon you get about half a yard of fabric in each shirt - the sleeves have more fabric than you think, when they're opened out. happy recycling!