One more day with students. Then another day to pack things away for the summer. We are almost there!
Weekend before last, I had to go to the fabric store for more thread and I found these luscious prints on sale 40% off. Before I knew it they had jumped into a bag and I was bringing them home. I started a Turning Twenty quilt just as soon as I had the round robin completed. Mine is really a turning ten, because I bought half-yards of 10 fabrics. I'm already about half done with the blocks even though I haven't been sewing much this week. I'm thinking I might just tie it and try to get it on a bed as a summer cover.
Lori (A.K.A. Elkhoundmom) at Quilt Musings tagged me for the seven random things meme long, long ago. With so much going on around here lately I hadn't had a chance to even think about it, but here goes:
1. This coming July my husband and I will have been married for 29 years. It doesn't seem that long, but there it is. We've grown and changed over the years, but we still seem to find safe harbor with each other.
2. I am totally inept technologically. The fact that I can have this blog is a testament to how easy Blogger is. Everyone else in my family is at ease with all things electronic. Me? I can push the wrong button on the television remote and lock myself out of the DVD player just in the course of dusting.
3. I am a NASCAR fan. For those of you outside the U.S. that stands for National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing. I don't even know why I enjoy watching the car races--I don't particularly like cars, even. But somehow the combination of craftiness, skill, bravado, strategy, and sheer excitement draws me back every week.
4. I HATE shopping.* The whole mall experience--going from store to store, trying things on, comparison shopping, looking for bargains, etc. etc. just leaves me cold. I do a lot of my shopping on-line and if something fits I tend to buy it in multiple colors, which is why my wardrobe runs mainly to casual slacks, turtlenecks, and tee-shirts.
*On the other hand, drop me off at a bookstore and I can browse for hours. I'm the same way about quilt stores. There is always a fat quarter calling my name.
5. I avoid driving on interstate highways in the city whenever I can. When I do use the highways it is a white knuckle experience. There is a really good quilt store in the big city near here that I only visit a couple of times a year because it is almost inaccessible except by interstate. I do find that I get to visit interesting (!) parts of the city by using surface streets.
6. I am not a morning person. I really dislike having to get up before dawn to get to work. Teaching would be just about perfect if school started at 9:30 or so. Unfortunately, most other elementary school teachers seem to love the morning--in my building people start arriving at 7:00 or earlier.
7. I have an internal clock that keeps pretty good time. Most of the time I can tell you what time it is within fifteen minutes or so without looking at a watch. It usually takes me a couple of weeks after the switch to daylight savings time to reacclimate myself, so maybe it has something to do with the look of the sunlight. This is a completely useless talent, by the way.
Well, there you go. Seven random things about me. If anyone else hasn't been tagged yet, please use this as your invitation. I always enjoy reading about everyone else's.