Thursday, December 16, 2010

Just in case there is any doubt about the honey I'm married to...

We woke up this morning to a slippery, icy mess. I had some urgent banking business to do, and I was worried about just getting out to the garage. But this is what I saw when I opened the door. Tarps laid out over the deck.


And the stairs to the driveway with the ice chiseled off.




The driveway was an icy mess,



and a half-inch of ice is covering everything.


The temperature is hovering at the freezing mark, making travel on all but the most traveled and treated roads next to impossible.

I made it safely to the bank and back, but I think I'm staying in for the rest of the day.

4 comments:

Miriam said...

What a wonderful husband you have!!!

I can't imagine weather that cold!! I have never experienced anything like that! I'm glad you negotiated the icy roads safely. Sounds like a great idea to stay inside for the rest of the day....with some stitching! :)

Mary Lou Casada said...

We had the same scenario with freezing rain and sleet and snow this morning in southeastern KY! UGH!! The temperature got up to 36 degrees, so I was able to run just past Lexington to pick up my daughter at college. Boy Scouts were cancelled tonight, thank the Lord! :-D Good quilting weather, though! And great for seeing how much you are loved by your man! :-)
Blessings!
Mary Lou

Karon said...

Great Hubby! I have one like that too! Always trying to keep me safe and on target to be where I need to be.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Ugh! I'm glad you made it there and back safely.