Sunday, May 25, 2008

Back Again


I haven't felt much like blogging for the past month or so, and there has been very little sewing going on around here anyway.

Last weekend, however, I did manage to put in some quality time in the sewing room and got quite a bit accomplished.

First, a bit of play. I found a really nice fabric at Hobby Lobby while I was buying yet another lot of balsa wood for the DI team months ago. It seemed perfect for serendipity blocks, but it took me this long to get anything together. I have about 10 more of the hexagon blocks and I even made some with diamonds, but I don't want to put them all together, so I'm just going to use the individual blocks to practice machine quilting once school is over and I have some time to play with the sewing machine.



And I finally got the borders on the serendipity quilt from this winter. I haven't decided whether I'm going to hand or machine quilt this one--it lays pretty flat, but since my machine quilting skills are still in the novice stage I think I might lay it aside and try to hand quilt it at some point.

I also started what was meant to be a simple little nine-patch baby quilt for a friend, but the colors are not working out. The lime green I had planned to use turned into a rather ferocious neon green when put together with the blues I wanted to use. Back to the drawing board on that one, I guess. I've picked up some other blue fabric and I'm going to work on it this afternoon while I watch the Indianapolis 500 on television.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

8 comments:

Deb Geyer said...

Those hexagon blocks are awesome!!

atet said...

Those serindipity quilt blocks look just lovely and so does the quilt!

Beertje Zonn said...

Wow what a beautiful quilt!
Kind regards,

Sonnja & Beertje Zonn
from the Netherlands

Ruth's Place said...

The serendiptiy blocks are stunning!! The quilt is gorgeous too.

Anne Ida said...

Welcome back! Your hexagon block is great! And your serendipity quilt is fabulous!!!

Lynda said...

Wow, Diana. These blocks look fabulous! the blocks are great and the setting is so lovely - adding to the overall wonderfulness of the top!

Unknown said...

Wow I like that quilt.

Unknown said...

Beautiful! Aren't these blocks fun to make??